OverviewMap of our car journey in Spain. (Map if we stop in Olite to see the castle).
Lodging & Logistics
- We are staying in at Carrer de Lammorca, 152 in the Eixample neighborhood
- Barcelona Metro map
- Map of Barcelona restaurants, markets, things to do, etc. (created by Cole)
Things to Do
FoodFood resources and information for our trip to Barcelona:
- Personalized Google map for our trip, including restaurants, cheap eats, sites, etc. .
- articles from Ciao Bambino, TimeOut, Devour Barcelona, Santorini Drive and this one on eating in Barcelona with kids
- Here are some good articles on traditional Catalan dishes: from Hotel Arc La Rambla, Barcelona Tourist Guide, The Culture Trip, and Devour Barcelona.
- Gelida. (10 min. walk) Gelida is one of those bar-restaurants that are few and far between nowadays, ideal for tight budgets and good eaters. The full breakfast is a memorable experience. And at lunchtime, get ready for a communal meal with some delicious starters and main dishes. The 'capipota', ham hock and cod are excellent. Wash it all down with a fine wine from the town of Gelida in the Alt Penedès wine region. (Menu, Tripadvisor review, Yelp review, Culinary Backstreets article)
- Gatblau. (10 min. walk) They offer an organic, traditional and creative set lunch menu for under €12 where six of the eight options are vegetarian – and it varies every day! You won't miss fancy things done with prawns when instead you've got before you gorgeous veal cannelloni wrapped in courgette, or a traditional Catalan potato coulant ('patata emmascarada'). For dinner you can dig into haute cuisine for around €25. (menu, Tripadvisor review)
- Senyor Vermut. (7 min. walk) Senyor Vermut is a local spot in the Eixample Esquerre whose menu of tapas and small plates may not be so different from other restaurants of its ilk, but here in the Miralles family business, everything has the Miralles touch. A peach gazpacho, lovely croquettes – the wild mushroom ones are phenomenal – a 'capipota' just like Grandma Josefina used to make, good but not stellar patatas bravas, and a tasty shish kabob marinated with oil and spices. (Conde Nast Traveler review, Timeout review)
We will be staying at the Apartamentos Dos Rios.